The Steering Committee is composed of the representatives of the partner institutions of the Gender Institute. It meets at least once a year convened by its Chair, who is elected from among its members for a two-year term.
The Committee’s functions include:
- making decisions on the directions, research projects, specific operations and action proposals of the GIS as suggested by the Scientific Committee and the GIS Director
- discussing and approving the annual programme of activities
- deliberating on the draft budget and establishing a performance report at the end of the budgetary period.
- ensuring the optimal use of the GIS resources
- approving new members who wish to join the GIS
- examining the activity report and the Scientific Committee’s advice relative to it
- suggesting changes to the convention binding the partners by means of amendments