The Gender Institute has set up a new scientific programme, integrating new issues. There are now eight (instead of thirteen) areas of work:
- Axis 1 Environment - Food - Development
- Axis 2 Health - Aging - Vulnerabilities - Care
- Axis 3 Digital - AI - Technologies
- Axis 4 Sexuality - Body - Reproduction
- Axis 5 Violence - Power - Conflicts
- Axis 6 Work - Education
- Axis 7 Cultures - Cultural Productions - Languages
- Axis 8 Spaces - Mobilities - Globalization
These areas correspond to vigorous or emerging fields of research in France and respond to obvious social and political concerns. The funding granted by the Gender Institute is given priority to projects positioned on these themes.
The Gender Institute also wants to encourage the development of exploratory research beyond the Humanities and Social Sciences, in dialogue with other sciences, particularly in the field of the environment and artificial intelligence.