WAVE (Women Against Violence Europe) – JOB ADVERTISEMENT
WAVE is looking for an engaged Media communications officer and campaign coordinator
WAVE is a European network aiming to prevent violence against women and their children, if any, and promote and strengthen their human rights. The network has over 100 members from 46 countries in Europe and comprises women’s NGOs working to end violence against women and children (national women’s networks, women’s shelters, centres, helplines and other services as well academic experts and women’s NGOs coalitions working in the area of prevention, awareness raising and training) www.wave-network.org.
WAVE has entered a three-year framework partnership agreement with the European Commission in 2015 and has received and Operating Grant under the Justice and Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme.
WAVE Campaign The network is currently launching the WAVE Step up ! Campaign which aims to promote throughout Europe the rights of women survivors of violence and their children to access support and protection, see the Blueprint : http://fileserver.wave-network.org/home/WAVE_StepUp_CAMPAIGN.pdf
WAVE is searching for an dynamic and engagend (social) media and communications officer and campaigner.
The focus of the work in 2016 and 2017 will be to lead the WAVE Step up ! Campaign and to plan, coordinate and carry out campaign activities in Europe.
· University degree (in media studies, journalism, gender and/or violence studies, sociology, political science, or other area considered valid by the selection board)
· At least three years professional experience, following the award of the degree
· Understanding of gender-equality, feminism and women’s movement
· understanding and experience in the field of violence against women and domestic violence (practice and/or theory)
· current and past experience in feminist activism in the area of violence against women and/or women’s rights and/or human rights
· 2-3 years of agency experience in a strategy role in media work
· Understanding of general social marketing concepts and principles
· Experience in leading campaigns in the area of (women’s) human rights and/or violence against women
· Experience in managing and developing online presence of organisations and campaigns
· Ability to provide creative input and suggest different ways to communicate campaign messages
· Ability to create written and visual content to clearly communicate campaign messages and the voice of WAVE members and survivors of gender-based violence
· knowledge of social media : Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, YouTube, LinkedIn etc.
· Strong organizational and communication skills, including working with networks and teams
· Great interpersonal communication skills in an international conext
· Ability to communicate effectively with WAVE members and stakeholders.
· Ability to multi-task and effectively manage the timely delivery of work against short deadlines
· Very good command of English which is the working language of the WAVE network
· Very good verbal and written communication skills (for writing press releases and public releations work)
· At least one scientific or journalistic article or text in English on VAW (please add main publications in CV).
- 30 hours per week
- Start of job : 1st of August 2016 (negotiable)
- Place of work : Vienna
- probation time of 1 month
- Payment : 2.366.-€ (Gross Salary) (negotiable)
Applications should be forwarded electronically to : firstname.lastname@example.org
They should contain :
- Comprehensive CV (Europass format)
- In the area of work experience the CV applicants are asked to list detailed information on : exact dates of (paid and volunteer) work : beginning and end, name and place of employer, type or organisation (i.e. government institution, NGO, educ. Institution etc.), position, main tasks and responsibilities on the job.
- Motivation letter.
- Two reference letters.
Supporting documents (diploma, reference from employers etc.) do not have to be attached with the application. They will be required from applicants who are invited to a job interview.
According to the number of applications, we might not be able to contact all applicants but only those who will be invited to a job interview. We apologize for that.
We thank you in advance for your interest in working with WAVE and for providing us with the required information.
Deadline for application : 12th June 2016