Queer beyond repair
Délai de soumission : vendredi 15 janvier 2016
Lieu : Department of Women’s Studies, University of Maryland
2016 DC Queer Studies Symposium
The 2016 DC Queer Studies Symposium will be held on April 22. We invite proposals for presentations addressing the theme “Queer Beyond Repair” from a variety of inter and transdisciplinary perspectives. Suggested topics include but are not limited to :
- queer theories of social, material, and symbolic death ;
- queer practices of survival and endurance, including methodological and aesthetic practices ;
- queer perspectives on anti-blackness, slavery, and colonial and imperial violence ;
- queer ecologies and ontologies of the posthuman, nonhuman, and inhuman ;
- eassessments of reparative and paranoid approaches in queer theory ;
- queer approaches to sovereignty, broadly construed
Proposals for 15 to 20-minute presentations should include name, affiliation, e-mail address, title of paper, a 250-word abstract, and a 1-2 page CV.
We also welcome submissions for 45 to 60-minute panels, but we may reorganize speakers due to the demands of scheduling. If you submit a panel, please include a panel title and a brief explanation of the panel rationale.
Please send materials by e-mail attachment (Word or PDF only) by January 15, 2016 to DCQS@umd.edu.
Put “Submission for Queer Beyond Repair” in the subject line of your message. For more information, contact JV Sapinoso at firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected participants will be notified by February 19, 2016.
All symposium events are free and open to the public.