PHD - Bourse d’études
PhD Studentships in Italian studies at the University of Glasgow, 2016-17
Italian at the University of Glasgow is pleased to invite applications for the following PhD studentships Deadine : 6 January 2016 :
- One scholarship specifically in the area of Italian studies (University of Glasgow Stevenson PhD Scholarship in Italian). The scholarship covers fees (at the UK/EU rate) plus a stipend of £10,000 per annum. The Scholarship is available for UK, EU or international applicants.
- The University of Glasgow through its involvement in the AHRC Doctoral Training Partnership Scotland makes available fully-funded doctoral studentships, awarded competitively across Arts and Humanities disciplines (http://www.gla.ac.uk/colleges/arts/graduateschool/fundingopportunities/ahrcdtpscholarships/)
- University of Glasgow College of Arts will offer a number of scholarships for PhD study, open to all subjects in Arts and to UK/EU and international applicants.
We welcome particularly research proposals which relate to our research strengths in the following areas :
Modern Italian literature and culture
Women and Modern Italy (history, fiction and journalism)
Modern Italian Poetry
The Italian Neo-Avant-garde
Emotions and the History of Modern Italy
Italian cinema ; stars and performance studies
Gender and sexuality studies ; queer theory
Applications for interdisciplinary and comparative projects are also very welcome.
For all of the above scholarships, the deadline for application is 6 January 2016.
To be considered for the Stevenson Italian Scholarship, you must submit the application form for the College of Arts/AHRC DTP Scholarship (links below). All applicants to this scheme who include Italian Studies in their proposed subject area will also be considered for the Stevenson scholarship.
See also :
- Further details on eligibility can be found at :
- For entry requirements (including English language requirement), see :
PLEASE NOTE :
- To be considered for any of these awards, candidates must also submit a separate online application for admission to postgraduate study at the University of Glasgow by the scholarship deadline and have provided two academic references through the university’s application system. See :http://www.gla.ac.uk/colleges/arts/graduateschool/prospectivestudents/researchstudy/howtoapply/
- We strongly advise potential applicants to discuss research proposals in outline with us before making a formal application. In the first instance, please contact Dr Eanna O’Ceallachain (Eanna.email@example.com).
- Successful applicants will benefit from being part of the friendly environment and lively research culture of Italian and of the School of Modern Languages and Cultures in general. They will also be supported by the Graduate School in the College of Arts, which exists to develop the personal and academic skills of postgraduates and to enhance the student experience by providing workshops, training opportunities, research funding, and social networking events. Postgraduates in the College of Arts regularly organise conferences and they write, edit, and publish an electronic journal, E-sharp. For more information see :www.glasgow.ac.uk/colleges/arts/graduateschool/ Postgraduates also form an important part of a broader research community working on Modern Italy in a range of disciplines across Scotland, and whose activities include shared seminars and frequent events supported or organised by the Italian Cultural Institute.