Society of Queer Studies in Finland’s peer-reviewed journal SQSJ invites submissions under the theme
QUEER BIOETHICS AND BIOPOLITICS
SQSJ welcomes theoretical, methodological, or empirical submissions for queering bioethics and biopolitics, tackling current and gripping questions of the fields from a queer angle. Suitable themes and research questions include, but are not limited to, the following
- Reconfiguring or challenging biopolitics
- Conflicts or connections of bioethics and biopolitics
- Biopolitics/bioethics in a specific globalizing/geopolitical/cultural context
- Biopolitics/bioethics of (human) reproduction
- Queer bioethics/biopolitics of synthetic biology
- Atypical/non-normative/potential bodies
- Queer biotechnologies and biofutures
- Intersectionality in queer bioethics and biopolitics
- Queer bioethics and biopolitics in posthumanist ethics (e.g. cyborg politics, climate justice)
All submissions need to be made via the SQSJ submissions portal.
Submissions can be in English, Finnish or Swedish. Deadline for submissions is May 15th, 2017. In addition to articles, we warmly encourage discussions, essays, reviews and artistic renderings on queer bioethics and biopolitics.
For more information.