Call for Abstracts DL 7 September 2017 / Kutsu työryhmiin
Annual Gender Studies Conference in Finland, November 23–25 2017, University of Jyväskylä, Finland, abstracts before 7 September 2017.
This year’s theme is Sukupuolten ajat – Genders through time – Genus i tiden
23–25.11.2017 / November 23–25 2017
Jyväskylän yliopisto / University of Jyväskylä, Finland
WORKING GROUPS accepting propositions in English :
10. Boys and Boyhoods from Past to Present and Future / Pojat ja poikuudet menneisyydestä nykyisyyteen ja tulevaisuuden odotuksiin
13. Theories, Tools and Futures of Activisms / Aktivismien teoriat, työkalut ja tulevaisuudet
28. Tackling with Temporalities, Cultures and Locations of ’Gender’ and ’Development’ : From Global Sisterhood to Queer Dystopias
29. Time and Temporality in Migration Control : Intersectional Perspectives
30. Gender Issues in Sport, Exercise, and Physical Education
31. Feminist and Posthumanist Worldings of Science Fact and Fiction in the Anthropocene
32. Gender, Language and the Shifting Rationalities of Work
33. Genders and Working Life at Different Phases of Life
34. Genders through Times in Historical Sources
35. Gender, Sexuality and the Politics of Memory
36. Politics of Masculinity and/or Femininity in Different Times and Places
37. Feminist Colour-IN : A Practice-Based Workshop (open for all, no abstract needed)
38. Wise Women and the Myth of Gynocide. The Witchcraft Narrative and its Impact on the European Women’s Movement (closed, scheduled papers)
39. Trade, Business and Gender during the Early Modern Period (closed, scheduled papers)
Abstracts (250–300 words) for oral workshop presentations should be send no later than 7 September 2017 to the workshop coordinators by email. Please include the title of your presentations, your name, email address and university or other institutional affiliation. Authors of accepted abstracts will be notified 9 October 2017.
The language of the workshop may be Finnish, English or both (please look at the workshop description). Given the multilingual nature of the conference, we strongly encourage all participants to use presentation slides and other visual aids in order to allow participants to follow presentation argumentation as easily as possible. Comments and questions may be in either Finnish, Swedish or English.
Welcome to Jyväskylä ! / Tervetuloa Jyväskylään !
Email for general information on the conference : spt2017[at]jyu.fi